NTC-M OFFSHORE CRANE TRAINING COURSE (G5)
This training course is designed for Crane Operators. It mainly deals with the regulatory requirements, design and construction, control functions & mode of operation, safe working procedures, and inspection & maintenance for offshore crane. Generally, the course aims to provide thorough knowledge and basic skills required to operate offshore cranes and static hydraulic cranes safely and efficiently preventing accident and damage at all time.
1. General Knowledge of crane and crane
2. Completed Basic VHF Radio course or
3. Completed Rigging/Slinging Course
equivalent to the requirements as
described in standard F-2702. An OPITO
approved rigging/lifting course
taken from other training providers is
ABOUT THE G5 COURSE at NTCM:
1. Coverage of Program includes:
· Crane Terminology and Definitions
· Accidents involving Offshore Cranes
· Laws and Regulations relating to Offshore Cranes
· Crane Operator Requirements
· Design and Construction
· Base (tub) / Pedestal
· Boom Construction
· Electrical / Hydraulics / Mechanical
· Loading Diagram
· Safety / Overload System
· Winch / Steel Wire Ropes / Block
· Inspection and Maintenance
Course Contribution : USD 1,449.00
Duration : 1 week
Note : The Norwegian approved (KOSAR) Offshore Crane Operations - G5
Course that NTC-M is offering forms part and partial of the entire G5
competency certification process.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ISSUANCE OF G5 COMPETENCY CERTIFICATE:
1. Completed the G5 Course with training certificate issued by NTC-M
2. Completed at least 150 hours in handling cranes onsite
3. Passed the onsite and on project assessment done by an approved KOSAR
COMPETENCY CERTIFICATION PROCESS/ VALIDITY:
1. An approved KOSAR Assessor can be invited on the worksite for assessment
of the crane operators onsite.
Note: NTC-M's G5 instructor is an approved KOSAR assessor, he can do
assessment onsite upon invitation.
2. Present G5 training certificate from NTC-M and the G5 KOSAR logbook with
at least 150 hours onsite crane operations experience.
3. After passing the assessment, KOSAR will issue the Competency Certificate.
4. When they get the KOSAR certificate, the offshore crane operators should
have a regular refresher training carried out at least every three years.
Crane simulator should be used during the refresher training.
To know more about the G5 Course, check the NTC-M's new website: www.ntcm.com.ph