CADET's CORNER

         With cadets' extraordinary experience combining their first ever  shipboard familiarization training and being an instant heroes delivering food, water and hope to Yolanda victims, let's ask them what they have learned so far?
 
       I never thought that I would encounter such amazing experiences. Everything was way beyond my expectations. Chart works, steering, and other activities leveled up my navigating skills. But most of all, I learned that attitude is one of the important things onboard. To which I’ll carry along my journey under the end of my career at sea
~ D/C Son, Barley P. / 2nd year /   BSMT / Hoegh Fleet Services
 
         Never in my life have I been able to carry such responsibilities, like the whole world is upon my shoulders. I steered the ship amidst the raging seas and come to aid to those in need. However, nothing would ever compare the feeling of almost falling off the bosun’s chair.
   ~ D/C Galamiton, Gabriel Lorenzo A. / 2nd year / BSMT / Grieg Star Shipping
 

        It’s amazing how many things could happen in ten days. I got to admit, I had so much fun and the feeling of being a hero is just awesome! That being said, I could never be more proud of being an NSA cadet.
~D/C Mantalaba, Hilrenz C. / 2nd year /    BSMT / Hoegh Fleet Services
 
 
 
 
         As deck cadet as I am, it is my highest dream to navigate a real ship and T/S KFO became an instrument for that dream to materialize. Steering the ship became more challenging for me since the waves were rolling high at that time. I’m really thankful to the NSA for the opportunity.
~D/C Ricafort, Keanu Gene Laurence  / 2nd year / BSMT / KGJS
             Everything onboard was a learning experience. From being navigator on the bridge to being an instant stevedore, it was just worth it!
~ D/C Castro, Stevinson / 2nd year / BSMT / RCPO
         Being part of the journey of T/S KFO left me with memories that I will treasure for the rest of my life. It has given me the chance to experience the deafening noise and the unbearable hotness inside the engine room. But most amazingly was handling machineries far greater than my size.
~E/C Quintar,Jose Warren A. / 2nd year BS MarE / TeeKay Shipping
 
 
       
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
         Onboard T/S KFO, I was able to experience all my first times regarding seafaring. But of all the firsts, I had went through, it was my first seasickness that I can’t afford to ever forget. It was a tough one.
~Magno, Christian Joseph M.
/ 2nd year / BSMT / KGJS
 
       The best of my experiences aboard T/S KFO would be steering. Treading the intended course with all the external forces acting on the ship made it a hell of a job. I had to compensate the rudder to stay on course. Even so, the thrill of steering has enthralled me to pursue my career.
~D/C Pepito, Gian Carlo I. /
 2nd year / BSMT / KGJS
      
          There is nothing more rewarding than seeing the smiles of the people when we arrived at Tacloban City. All the hard work for the loading and unloading was worth it. It's  like a spark of hope amidst all the hopelessness. And I’m proud to have brought to Tacloban!
 
~D/C Deypalubos, Florencio S. III /
2nd year / BSMT / BW Shipping
 
 
          
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
            As for me, more than all the knowledge I learned from the training vessel itself, I realized that nothing is far more perfect than the feeling of being able to help your countrymen in times of a national downfall.
~D/C Agujar, Shawntel D. / 2nd year / BSMT / Grieg Star Shipping
 
         The shipboard training truly made a mark in my life.” The best moment onboard was when I had the wheel under my command with the weather running wild. The bridge was rolling hard giving me difficulty maneuvering the ship. Nevertheless. It did not stop me from my mission. To nail the course.
~ D/C Ao, Andre Jefferson O. / 2nd year / BSMT / TeeKay Shipping

Comments

Popular Posts